periodic inspection

FWL_Engineer said:
When Part P comes into force, ONLY qualified Electricians that possess the 2391 certificate will be legally able to do Inspection and Testing of any domestic premises.

Hopefully should have all my wiring done by then :p

Makes me wonder, if I went and ballsed up the rewiring in my next property, after Part P comes into force: the next person discovers this through a report, would they really be able to prove the work was done contrary to Part P? Assume I don't scrawl "Adam was 'ere and doing dodgy electrics in 2005" inside the CU cover (although it is hard to resist!).

Sponsored Links
You need to pull your head out of your back end and come into the real world my friend.
The end.

Sponsored Links
Ban, I wouldn't worry about it, he was having a pop at me due to my pointing out about the situation over Test and Inspection.

I don't make the rules but I think Chowbasa doesn't like it.

I have no idea if he is a qualified spark or a DIY spark, he didn't say one way or the other. I do not believe that people who are not experienced in inspection and testing should be undertaking them due to the potential inherent dangers involved.

He stated he needed to learn, that's fair enough, however there are courses available that would allow a person to do a PIR and be fully aware of the dangers to both themselves and others. Asking quations about PIR on here is not the way to learn though, you need to do the job, work alongside a spark on the best ways to deal with things.

He asked a question about an Installation that sounds dangerous, well if you look at something and believe it is dangerous, then no PIR is required, you simply fill the client details in on the form, then add "Refused to Test, Installation Considered to deteriorated to withstand stress of Testing" (or words to that effect)

A qualified or experienced spark would know that..or he would simply say it to the client, he would not trott off to a DIY forum and ask others advice.

Chowbasa took it personal, that was not intentional, but death is pretty finite, you make a mistake and it could be your last..as you sig says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back