Permitted devolpment rights - extension & outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I’m about to submit a larger extension under permitted development to the council. In doing so does it then remove any permitted development rights to build an outbuilding at a later date?

Or can I still build one if I keep within permitted development rights further down the line?

Sponsored Links
You don't submit anything to the council planning if it's permitted development, that's the point it's already allowed and you just get on with it.

You may need to put a building regs app on but that's something seperate.

You don't submit anything to the council planning if it's permitted development, that's the point it's already allowed and you just get on with it.

You may need to put a building regs app on but that's something separate.
Yes you do need to submit an application when applying for prior approval for a larger home extension which is presumably what the OP is talking about. You are confusing ordinary extensions and larger home extensions.

Anyway @Tommyt01 you'll still have your PD rights for an outbuilding though obvioulsy the extension will eat into the 50% area rule for outbuildings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back