Perspex Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I recently purchased custom cut sized pieces of Perspex clear sheet to replace glass windows that were acting as secondary glazing in our single brick old utility. They slide inside tracks on the window sill.

My problem is I didn't think about the fact the perspex would be less rigid than the glass and so the plastic draft excluding edging that clipped round the edges of the glass is not good enough to fit on the edges of the perspex because it to bends and so does not make the perspex rigid and sit up correctly.

I am struggling to find and metal equivalent to make the perspex rigid and have edging. Can anyone tell me where I would find them or any alternative?? I have tried local builders merchants and your usual B&Q, Homebase and Screwfix etc etc.

kind regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
decided to answer as you have been waiting a few hours.

If you need a frame made up, you will need to go to a specallist, which will be expensive.

You could try a small fabricating shop, and ask them if they will make a frame for you, but this will still be expensive.

Yu could always use a pice of aluminum metal strip and screw it to the perpex. (this will make t straight) but I don;t know if this would look good.

Other than that would just go to a glaziers and ask them to cut you some glass off.

I can;t answer for all shop, but my glazier charged me about £20 a pane last time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back