Pest control -mice?

But the cat I used to have used to chase dogs, never caught a mouse in my memory. Maybe it was shortsighted?
Or maybe it had a death wish. Some cats are excellent mousers, some aren't.

For Some Unknown reason Ginger or Tabby Cats make the best mousers

Whatever you do, don't say that to our ancient black and white Pompey Dockyard Rescue Moggy!! She would give any Ginger or Tabby a run for their money.

Our two Border Terrorists are pretty good as well - they have cleared out a couple of nests this year already.

But you will never get rid of Rats and Mice, the ones you kill will be replaced within days - they are a fact of life.

Sponsored Links
Silas, forgive me for saying this, but this forum is based in the UK - not the USA - and we don't really have a termite problem here. At least not in the proportions that you have in the southern states in the USA. Might I suggest reposting this on an American forum?

But the cat I used to have used to chase dogs, never caught a mouse in my memory. Maybe it was shortsighted?
Or maybe it had a death wish. Some cats are excellent mousers, some aren't.
For Some Unknown reason Ginger or Tabby Cats make the best mousers
Whatever you do, don't say that to our ancient black and white Pompey Dockyard Rescue Moggy!! She would give any Ginger or Tabby a run for their money.
My last ginger tom must have been nuts! He regularly used to bring back rats. Completely loopy, but a big furry 12lb kitten once he was indoors

Sponsored Links
If you have any air vent around your property, you can fit a fine mess over these.

Old post I know but it popped up today and this should be taken with heed. If the air vent is for an open flues gas appliance and providing combustion or cooling air then fitting a fine mesh over the vent is a big no no as the openings need to be at least 6mm and non closable hence why shutter vents are not allowed as they are both closable and have openings that are only about 1mm-1.5mm.

If it's covered later in the post then apologies but couldn't be arsed to read through it all anf this just caught my eye.

Jon

Dear Jon, to save you reading the post, the problem was from:

'stone house with suspended timber floors and solum with a crawl space of about 3 feet'

So no gas vent or flue was being blocked in any way. The detail was in the first post.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back