Peugeot 106 leaking water to the inside.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both of my recent purchases have severe water leaks into the interior.

Mostly its to the boot and the later X reg is only to the boot but there is no obvious cause around the tail gate. All seals look fine.

The T reg one is very bad and leaks into the front as well as into the boot.

I suspect that could be connected to the sun roof but still dont see why much of the water comes out in the boot area. The tail gate on that also seems to be fine.

My earlier M reg, now retired at 173k, never had any water ingress problems!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Generally the shuttle (under the windscreen/under the bonnet) drains get blocked, pollen filter not fitted correctly? Next would be the sunroof drains blocked, allowing the water to run down the inside of the A,B and C pillars. Next would be the bonding around the windscreen? The grommets at the top of the tailgate might need resealing?
We find, trying to find the actual leak, especially from the inside is just a wasted of time and it will drive you crazy. Best to look for obvious things and reseal. The other members will have more to add to the list.

As I mentioned before, we had a leak in through the door light switch, it took a bit of time to find that !!
Its an art form, more patience than technique

Water coming in through the rear lamp clusters is a favourite....best to remove the boot carpet, dry things with kitchen roll then look for ingress when a hose is played on the tailgate area.
Another one is actually down the inside of the doors, then over the sills to the inside - due to compromised polythene sheeting behind the door cards.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back