Peugeot 306 Leaking at Driver side door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
My Peugeot 306 1.4i R reg 1998 has suddenly sprung a leak at the rubber seal that the driver's door mates with. This has occurred suddenly and have checked that drain holes are not blocked which they are not and leak that lets water in is not located near any site of drain holes. This leak lets in rain water or even when car is being washed. usually I get a footwell full of water! The door seal seems in good shape without any perishing no cracks etc. Please could anyone shed any light on what the problem maybe? Car has never been in an accident or anything such. Many Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Are you absolutely sure it is coming in from the door seal ? if so, renew it. If you are not sure, check all drains are clear from sunroof and drains from bulkhead (if fitted). Your best bet is to pull back the carpet and get someone to use a hose pipe while you sit in and watch for the water entering.

;)

Check that it's not coming in behind the door trim panel. There's a plastic sheet behind the door panel on most cars that's supposed to be sealed round the edges to prevent any water entering the door cavity on the window seal from entering the vehicle. It has a habit of coming unstuck especially if it's been removed to access the door cavity.
Has anyone fitted new electric window motors, glass, speakers etc.?
It can be really hard to spot. It looks as if the water is coming in on the door seal if the trim panel is near the seal.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ratm
The door trim panel has never been removed for new window motors etc as far as I have been the owner. The problem only started in the last 5 months so that when you open the driver side door you can see where the water has come in over the seal into the car i.e water trail into the car. Many thanks for all your help.

check the joints where the window frame joins the inner door skin (the main body of the door) you are looking for stress fractures in the paint or the welding suggestive of some oik trying to peel the window frame open to break into your car. this twists the frame out of shape and causes the seal to fail.

get someone to hold the bottom of the door whilst you twist the top back into shape to close the gap again. do it with the glass all the way down and keep testing that the window goes up/down.
a little bit at a time is the secret.

Back