Peugeot 206 Rear Lexus Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

Wondered if you can help me. I fitted some rear lexus lights on sat. However i have found then when i have my lights on during the night for some reason all my lights on the rear are on and shows no indication that i am breaking.

Do you guys have any idea what this could be - I am planning on taking it back to the shop in which i brought it from - But i dunno if i have made a mistake - The instructions didn't tell me to cut any wires or connect any more it was just the simple connector...

The standarded lights we fine..

EDIT:
Just had a reply from where i brought the lights from.. They have suggested to me - Firstly, check the bulbs. The bulbholder with the yellow & green wires should have a twin filament 21/5W bulb in it. If a single filament has been inserted this will leave the circuit permanently open and all lights on.

Similarly, the bulbholder with the white wire should have a single filament 21W bulb in it.

The bulbholder with the yellow wire should be fitted with the amber bulb supplied with the lamps.

Secondly, if the bulbs are correct, then check the socket on the end of the looms and make sure that the left hand socket (will have a sticker marked LH) is in the passenger side lamp and that the right hand socket is in the driver's side lamp. Although they come from the factory fitted into the lamp they can get mixed up.

So i know the indicators are in the right holder, so i am going to try and swap both of the reverse and break light lamps see if this makes a difference..

Cheers in advanced

Sponsored Links
If the origingal lights are OK and your Lexus lights don't work it sounds like there is an issue with the Lexus lights. If you look at the lamp holders on the Lexus lights, any which require a twin fillament lamp will have 2 contacts in the base.

Hey Again,

Managed to fix it this evening - i managed to get the break and reverse lamps the wrong way round - Didn't know the break light was the two filament one.. My Bad!

Sponsored Links
Back