Peugeot 306 V reg Heater dead - Burnt out relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have been trying to fix a problem with the heating in the above mentioned car. In my explorations I have found a burnt out green relay in the top of the internal fuse box (beneath drivers seat). It has kind of melted to the black plastic it plugs into.

My questions are, 1) Is this likely to be the problem? And 2) Can I just force this relay out (attempt to separate it from it's now welded position to fuse box) and replace it or will the new relay burn out also?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes the heater blower did work, it all worked up until everything stopped including the lights. (I mean the lights on the a/c switches blower swicthes, not any other lights)

Just to update, I have purchased a new relay from Halfords that has a blade fuse built into it in which I have put the appropriate 25 amp fuse and so far all seems to be fine. I'm hoping that what ever caused it to meltdown in the first place will simply blow the fuse in future. It's a bit of a bodge I must admit?

Sponsored Links
If it's the same setup as the 406, make sure the pollen filter (if fitted will be under the bonnet by the wiper mechanism passenger side) is clean and that the fan spins easilly by hand. Bit of wd-40 wont hurt it.
If the motor is straining at all this will cause your excessive draw of current which is probably why it's melted

Had a bit of a look for a pollen filter but on first inspection couldn't find it?

Can anybody tell me, does the Peugeot 306 1999 hdi estate have a pollen filter fitted and if so where?

Thanks a lot.

Back