peugeot 307hdi 1.6 with FAP regen cylce

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi - just wanted to know after how many miles does the car go through the FAP regeneration cycle ?..how often the fan kicks in ?....it seems like there must be something wrong with mu 04 307 1.6 hdi...fan comes on everyday for the last 5 days...as soon as i stop or come to a slow crawl...the fan is constantly running.....i only do 6 miles a day to work and back...even on these cold mornings as soon as i drive half a mile the fan is running....i have no error messages, engine doesnt oeverheat, no loss of fluid...in fact it has just come back from pug dealers after having spent £550 on a egr valve...im sure they must have noticed something on the diagnostic machine when looking for the faulty egr valve....getting so bloody annoying...would like to hear from peeps with similar cars with fap..ta

Sponsored Links
hi - just wanted to know after how many miles does the car go through the FAP regeneration cycle

Around every 300 miles.
is there a fan switch or something that i can change...ive changed the coolant sensor but hasnt made any difference....the only thing i can see when i look under the bonnet is the the small stainless steel tube, about 4 to 5 inches long that is inbetween the rubber housing pipe that runs along the top of the radiator, it seems to be some ventilation hose...anyway that metal tube has a kink in it, it is sqauashed so im assuming the flow of fumes/gasses is restricted...peugeot want £145 for this metal tube...lol....might improvise and make my own...could this be the problem ?

Hi,
There is a common fault reported on Autodata for the 307 Hdi,fan operation is incorrect, rectified by replacing the 3 Relays in the circuit.

I know, because I had a 55 Reg facelift, but on that model the 3 relays were replaced by a control unit at the front of the rad. I found out about the common fault and rectfication mentioned above when researching the fault on mine.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
There is a common fault reported on Autodata for the 307 Hdi,fan operation is incorrect, rectified by replacing the 3 Relays in the circuit.

I know, because I had a 55 Reg facelift, but on that model the 3 relays were replaced by a control unit at the front of the rad. .
is this an easy job that i can do myself or is it a dealer job?..probably expensive though?...

Hi,
It may well be a simple DIY job if you can locate the relays.

Best thing to do is go on www.peugeotcentral.co.uk it's free for a short priod and they have a dedicated forum for each Peugeot Model. I found it most useful when I had the Peugeot.

Back