Peugeot ride height adjustment, 206, 306, 406 etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My two 106s are rather down at the back after carring some heavy loads!

I wanted to know if the ride height can be adjusted and came across this instruction by searching:-

http://www.club-306.com/topic/12604-revised-rear-ride-height-adjustment/

It seems a little complicated and liable to fail from rusted up bits!

I have not followed it in detail and not even quite sure what the steps involve but it does seem fairly comprehensive.

Has anyone actually done this? Which part is actually setting the adjustment?

Tony

Sponsored Links
never played with torsion bars personally but that guide looks good, the ride height is set as suggested with the torsion bars removed and then they are put back in. As you say corrosion is your biggest issue.

I did not really understand from that where the adjustment is actually made.

Is it really necessary to take out the bars?

Tony the torsion bars are splined at each end. The height adjustment is effectively made by moving the outer splined housing in relation to the inner housing.

In other words turning the axle slightly further round the bar depending upon whether you are raising or lowering vehicle.

Incidentally you include the 406 in your subject line. This model is fitted with coil springs at the rear, or at least the estate is.

Sponsored Links
Right, thanks for that Alan.

But why does it seem necessary to remove the whole shaft according to those instructions rather than just moving the outside end round?

Tony have never owned a Peugeot with rear torsion bars but the axle is fitted to a cross beam and removing axle is a lot more work and complication than simply removing the torsion. Plus removing axle would require removal of torsion bar first I would think!

Sigh up for free account at http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com and you can view exploded diagrams for free.

remember doing that back in my youth on a 5 and just chopping the front springs

Back