PEX pipe connectors

mrM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps - I have a PEX plastic pipe connecting to copper, PEX connectors appears to have developed a crack.
Question is how do you you take the old connectors off and replace it , what special equipment do I need.

Picture of the PEX connector is attached with appropraite leak - any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also how do I find the size of the pipe ? is it standard for cold water to house mains?[/img]

Sponsored Links
Is it PEX? It is blue, which tells me it is MDPE.
It looks like a push-fit connector. It may well be non-demountable, which means you'll have to cut it off.

You say it's connected to copper, but all I can see at the other end to the blue pipe is white stuff (PTFE tape?) and a nut.
Perhaps a pic taken from the same place but in landscape so we can see the whole transition from blue to copper.

• Thanks
Reactions: mrM
Thanks for the reply - I thought it was PEX, more than likely I am wrong. I thought that it was PVC tape wrapped around copper, I haven't dismantled it as I have no experience of working with plastic pipe. I didn't want to take it a part until I knew how it hung together cause I may make it worse, I'll try and get a plumber to look at it.

Sponsored Links
Until you scrape the surface to see the metal and measure to diameter you are not going to know.

Not one of the easiest of jobs for DIY !

• Thanks
Reactions: mrM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back