PFC with a 1552 giving trp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using a two wire test on Hi PFC, croc click to neutral, and probe the Live.

Megger going through normal process, but then gives up and reads "trp". Obviously nothing trips at the CU. Is this an internal Megger trip?

Do I do a no trip PFC with three wires, CPC, neutral and probe the live? I did think that the no trip, low current option was to avoid the RCD tripping?

If I should be doing a three wire no trip test at the CU, does it matter whether the incoming CPC is disconnected?

Sponsored Links
If you're testing L&N for PFC then you don't need to use no trip mode on your tester.

You then go on to talk about CPCs and earths disconnected.

What is it you're actually trying to do?

Yes - that's sort of my point.

Its a two wire test - I connect croc to N, and probe L with the Megger on Hi PFC. The Megger comes back to me and reads "trp". So it doesn't give me a reading.

I am therefore asking that as the Hi FPC is a two wire test that doesn't give me a reading, do I use a No Trip test (low current), three wire test.

... and as it's a three wire test, if I :

a. connect Green to CPC, Black to N, and probe L, does that give the PEFC?

b. connect Green to N, Black to N, and probe L, does that give me the PSSC?

Essentially ...

1. Why would the Hi PFC come back as "trp" the Megger? N-N, L-L
2. Should I be doing a No Trip 3 WIRE test at the CU?

[/b]

Sponsored Links
How old is the meter? How old are the leads?

Are you definatlely making proper contact with the terminals in the lamp holder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back