Philips/Whirlpool AKG 767 Cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hood light to illuminate the hob went recently, & it stopped the extractor fan working too. First time it's done so. I got a pair of replacement bulbs, but neither light or fan will work. The bulbs have a dc path. I assumed since the fan stopped working that the bulb & fan must be wired in series......?

If not, then presumably there's a fuse. The Cooker is powered from a switch 1metre away, & the cooker electrics (gas hob, lcd display & piezo) are working ok. There is no external fuse at that switch.

Is there likely to be a fuse, & if so where, & are light & fan likely to be in series?

It's not obvious how the hood assembly comes apart, - it's pretty manky after years of being untouched (rented property) & I'm reluctant to try it not knowing what I'm looking for.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
The hood light to illuminate the hob went recently, & it stopped the extractor fan working too.
Strange logic. .What you mean is the hood has stopped working.

First time it's done so. I got a pair of replacement bulbs, but neither light or fan will work. The bulbs have a dc path. I assumed since the fan stopped working that the bulb & fan must be wired in series......?
No, not in series.

If not, then presumably there's a fuse.
Probably somewhere - above or in cupboard?
Then there is - why has it blown?

It's not obvious how the hood assembly comes apart, - it's pretty manky after years of being untouched (rented property) & I'm reluctant to try it not knowing what I'm looking for.
13A-Slimline-Fused-Connection-Unit_large.jpg

Any ideas please?

If you are the tenant then report it to the landlord.

If you are the landlord it seems you need an electrician.

Not the nicest of responses EFL, I thought I was as clear as required, but your comment re "fuse above?" rang a distant bell,- unused cupboard area above hood has socket where hood lead plugs in.
Fuse went as result of bulb popping, of course.

Sorted.

Per EFLI's post.

Look for a switch fuse like the picture he has posted. It is usually above the worktop, but it may be up above the cupboards, in one of the cupboards or it may even be hidden inside the chimney of the hood (if it is a chimney-type hood).

Its just the fuse that has gone when the bulb went. You are going to need a 3amp fuse, and another bulb!

Let us know if/when you find it!

ARGHH Too slow. Glad u sorted it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back