phone trouble

Hi got it narrowed down but still dont understand it lol. connected new cables and now phone works with upstairs sky connected but when you connect downstairs sky I lose phone always with the same skybox even if only it and phone then no phone.

Do I need both sky boxes linked to phone line?

A quick response would be fantastic we're leaving in an hour lol

Sponsored Links
So it sounds like one Sky box has a duff modem??

Looks like it .......a call to sky upon return looks a certain possibility, until them the sky box will be phoneless....do they cut the signal after a while if I do this ?

No, they send you a letter first anyway. Would take a few weeks i'd say. IIRC you must only keep it connected for 12 months anyway, after that the line is used for interactive services.

Sponsored Links
No, they send you a letter first anyway. Would take a few weeks i'd say. IIRC you must only keep it connected for 12 months anyway, after that the line is used for interactive services.

If you have more than one sky box, and use a multi room package, you have to keep all boxes connected to the SAME phone line. The boxes dial out every so often, and SKY keeps tabs on you to ensure the viewing cards that are part of the multi room package are in the same house (on the same phone line).

If they did not do this, you could take your second card (costs you a tenner extra for your full package) to a different house.

I had this issue a little while ago where the property had a couple lines in use for home offices etc, and SKY where adament that the boxes had to go on the same line. They would not simply register additional numbers against your account (I guess you could move and take the number with you etc.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back