Photovoltaic Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a solar photovoltaic system for a small summer house, the solar panel connects to a battery and the battery supplies an inverter with a built in socket outlet and a rated output of 600W.
The building has no other services.

Q1 The work is notifiable under the Part P rules, so is it a Minor Works cert or the Domestic Installation Cert?

Q2 What do you test and record on the cert?[/i]

Sponsored Links
BR has no influence on which cert BS7671 requires you to issue.

TBH on this I wouldn't issue a cert or notify anything anymore than I would if I plugged one of those solar trickle chargers into my cars fag lighter socket!

do you intend to take the solar stuff with you when you move house? because if you do its not worth even thinking about paying to notify it.

have you sunk an earth electrode to earth the socket? if not then how are you earthing it?

is this an IT system as it stands?

Sponsored Links
The inverter has no connection with earth, other than an internal fault path to some electronic bits on the circuit board.

If it were to be earthed to terra firma, there would not be an earth fault loop so would it be needed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back