Picture Of The Week

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another post lamenting the passing of RF's once-regular feature, looked forward to by all. OK then, looked forward to by me!

How many faults can you spot? Some are obvious, others are not.

HowManyFaults.jpg

Sponsored Links
Er, yes, as long as you don't draw rude things on my picture.

OKay - I'll start with the ring final continuity being broken and the lack of CPC to the fused spur unit.
Pattress has seen better days too.
Teensy bit naughty feeding unsheathed singles between the boxes but if they are butted together then it isn't a major issue.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is. But the biggest problem, and I'm surprised that you didn't get this, 123, was that one was brass and the other BZP. :eek:

Oh aye, I can't believe I missed that :LOL:
The brass one isn't dressed either!

You're nearly there.

Not broken continuity but the feed to the socket is a spur, making the feed to the FCU a spur off a spur. As you pointed out, there's no cpc to the FCU nor to its load, a Class I porch light.

The cable is actually 3/.029 and the socket has a Zs of 1.54 Ohms on a 32A type 2.

If it's a ring final, the cables coming in look rather small (they don't look like 2.5mm, 1.5mm perhaps although it might just be the photo of course)...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back