Picture of the week

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks it's that time of the week again!

This week I went to replace a built in double oven.

The last one came very close to setting the kitchen on fire :eek:

Customer was quite alarmed to see the extent of the damage.

IMGP2150.jpg

Sponsored Links
Did they not have smoke alarms, I,m sure that amount of damage would have set one off...... :eek:

Reminds me of the Fast Show, Rob...

"This week, I arr mostly been replacing cookers....."

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
trazor said:
Did they not have smoke alarms, I,m sure that amount of damage would have set one off...... :eek:

My parents oven did that to the base, never produced any smoke! :eek:

KingboyD said:
trazor said:

My parents oven did that to the base, never produced any smoke! :eek:

Smoke detectors do not need "visible" smoke to work, they will operate well before your senses detect a problem.

now there's a wake up call.. I'm putting my new oven into one of those when the kitchen finally gets finished..

guess i'll have the guys at work make me some steel plates and line the bugger...

ColJack said:
now there's a wake up call.. I'm putting my new oven into one of those when the kitchen finally gets finished..

guess i'll have the guys at work make me some steel plates and line the b*****r...
Or miss out the oven enclosure and sit it on runners between the 2 cupboards as we did.

a well-ventilated air space should do the trick.

Plasterboard lining is a good fire barrier but will break down under sustained heat..

Crafty said:
Our oven sits on 2 runners, no wooden supports. Seems safer, IMO.
It only sits on runners so it does topple over.
If the oven is installed to manufactures spec, the only way burning will happen if there is a fault.

Diyisfun said:
If the oven is installed to manufactures spec, the only way burning will happen if there is a fault.

I'd agree - that sort of thing seems quite common where ovens get on a bit and the door seals start to break down leakin out alot of hot hot heat!

I lined the base of the cupboard with asbestolux, just for peace of mind, and being only 2mm thick the oven still fits without alteration to the cupboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back