Pilit light keeps going out...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Last week i discovered that my combi boiler (worcester 240) was leaking. Had a look inside and saw a leak coming from the water diverter valve. I ordered a replacement part from the web and installed it a couple of days ago. To do this I isolated the boiler by ceasing the flow/return CH, cold water input and the gas. I then drained the water from the heat exchanger, took out the old diverter valve and replaced with a new one... however since then.........
the pilot light will go out every now and again, it doesn't seem to depend on the time as opposed to when a demand is made on the boiler for hot water/shower. the CH is working fine and it turns off okay (i read that some people had problems with the pilot light going out when the CH stuck in the on position - even when turned off).
The pressure is also dropping ever so slightly (i have checked for leaks in the boiler and pressure release valve and can see no problems at all......

Any suggestions please (before my missus says "I told you not to do it yourself" and makes me go and spend hundreds on getting a pro in to have a look...

cheers

Matt :confused:

Sponsored Links
'... however since then......... '

Get a proper engineer to fix it before you do some real damage.

Alan

Lunitune said:
Hi,

Any suggestions please (before my missus says "I told you not to do it yourself" and makes me go and spend hundreds on getting a pro in to have a look...

cheers

Matt :confused:

Can I just rub in the fact that a pro would have come in and repaired the diverter for less than you bought one for....it is a nice accessible job to put a new diaphragm in these.
if the pressure is dropping you now have a leak.

I called quite a few local "professionals" who were demanding a 50 quid call out fee before even looking at the machine. Seeing as I have just been made redundant I couldn't afford the high costs - therefore I ask again for "helpful" advice please.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back