Pillar caps

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I need pillar tops 1200mm squared and I have tried some concrete places but they say they haven't a mould this size.

Anyone any ideas for a top to my pillars or have encountered the same problem.?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
At 1.2m square!
Anyone any ideas for a top to my pillars or have encountered the same problem.?
At 1.2m square! Holy moly, they are some pillars!!:eek:

You could do it with masonry but it would look like something from Giza by the time you have finished.

I think these are the pillars he means. Either it's a tank trap, or a mistake in measuring.

hi

have worked it out going to build approx. 5 ft high pillars 25 inch width x 33 inch depth so I have worked out I need 252 brick per pillar, this be correct?

I am going to put block down for founds and build pillars on this.

how much sand and cement would I need for this as in bags of cement and can get some sand delivered?

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think these are the pillars he means. Either it's a tank trap, or a mistake in measuring.

Yes correct John, but I have now went block and 2 block squared.

Folks I know they are big pillars as concrete precast companies have told me that too but was just looking ideas or if anyone has came across this before.

Thanks

Do as Alistair said, you could add dye/pigments to colour it,you can hire a poker for a day to improve finish.
There are some reclaimed ones 1200mm available in Dublin, cost about £600/£800 a pair:eek: then you have haulage costs and find a way to put them on.

Do as Alistair said, you could add dye/pigments to colour it,you can hire a poker for a day to improve finish.
There are some reclaimed ones 1200mm available in Dublin, cost about £600/£800 a pair:eek: then you have haulage costs and find a way to put them on.

Thanks for this but £600/£800 !!

Might build top up with Tobermore paving stone do you think this could be an option?

What about trying brick on edge on top of a sailing course, done it on smaller pillars,would be better using engineering bricks.
1-35-scale-pier-caps-wall-coping-brick-mould-0350069--[3]-66-p.jpg

What about trying brick on edge on top of a sailing course, done it on smaller pillars,would be better using engineering bricks.
1-35-scale-pier-caps-wall-coping-brick-mould-0350069--[3]-66-p.jpg

I was thinking of doing this with a course of block and include a brick each side then another course of 2 x 2 squared block in top followed by a course of brick so the lanterns can sit on??

Then render the top with a buff coloured render??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back