PILOT LIGHT GONE OUT - WORCESTER BOSCH 230

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 230 and the pilot light has gone out. How do I re-ignite it?

Sponsored Links
I thought the instructions were on the flap?

It could have become faulty and may need an engineer to repair.

Tony

Thanks to all. Manual missing but managed to get on-line instructions. Pretty straightforward and has re-ignited but now only works if heating is on. So yes, need to call an engineer out

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a failed diverter valve.

But get the engineer to check the flame failure device when he comes.

Tony

Thanks Tony, after speaking with a heating engineer (who unfortunately is going on hols!) he came up with the same suggestion so I will certainly mention it when I get somebody else out to fix it.

Any good heating engineer should have no problems dealing with a simple boiler like yours.

This evening I have received about 40 separate email notifications of a new posting to this thread.

I dont know why this should have happened but hopefully the site owner or mods might know. In case it helps here are the last four!

1:53
an unread message from [email protected] subject: "Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE OUT - WORCESTER BOSCH 230" Sent: 1:49 [email protected]@diynot.com Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE O... 1:49
an unread message from [email protected] subject: "Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE OUT - WORCESTER BOSCH 230" Sent: 1:43 [email protected]@diynot.com Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE O... 1:43
an unread message from [email protected] subject: "Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE OUT - WORCESTER BOSCH 230" Sent: 1:39 [email protected]@diynot.com Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE O... 1:39
an unread message from [email protected] subject: "Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE OUT - WORCESTER BOSCH 230" Sent: 1:35 [email protected]@diynot.com Topic Reply Notification - PILOT LIGHT GONE O... 1:35

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back