Pilot Light Gone Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have an ancient heating system in my flat - new one being saved up for just now!

A Baxi Bermuda 572. However I cant seem to get the pilot light to work to turn the heating on and its damn cold im my house just now!

All the electrics - Ignitor etc all working and the gas is still turned on. When I push the the saftey button you can hear the gas coming out. I have been pressing the ignition thumbpiece constantly and you can see the spark at the fire electrode but still no joy.

Any tips?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It could be not sparking in the right place or the spark might not be big enough, the pilot injector could be slightly blocked.

Get it fully serviced (if it hasnt been done recently) and mention the fault when booking. I wouldnt advise lighting it manually.

rob884 said:
It could be not sparking in the right place or the spark might not be big enough, the pilot injector could be slightly blocked.

Get it fully serviced (if it hasnt been done recently) and mention the fault when booking. I wouldnt advise lighting it manually.

OK thanks for that Rob. Even with the saftey device button pushed in? I saw this get done at my mates dads house(same unit) and they cgarged him £75 for the privelidge of the use of my lighter

Which is why i said get it serviced at the same time ;)

Back boilers really do need looking after properly, you never know it may have gone out for a reason.

So make sure you get a corgi engineer who is registered for central heating and fires.

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Which is why i said get it serviced at the same time ;)

Back boilers really do need looking after properly, you never know it may have gone out for a reason.

So make sure you get a corgi engineer who is registered for central heating and fires.

OK Rob, Thanks for the info mate

match attached to something reasonably flexible going in from bottom right hand side should get it lit but chances are thermocouple has burnt out so will not stay lit... 35 year old boiler.... Is it still not under warranty . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have edited reply did put left hand but meant right hand as it`s easier to reach pilot from that side

Ok so my Baxi back boiler has been condemned. The heat exchanger is leaking. - But it is older than god!

So what would be the cheapest option for me?

We live in a 3 bed flat with 6 radiators any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back