Pilot light lit, but no heating...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Have a Potterton Flamingo 50 S where the pilot light is lit, but we have no heating or hot water. I can only see one flame through the sight hole- shouldn't there be a whole row of flames (igniter row)? Do you know how much it should cost to get this fixed?

Please help- February is too cold for this to be happening now!

Thank you,
J

Sponsored Links
im holding onto my sides, theyre splitting, with your incisive humour.

wilhelm behave the man is entitled to his opinion
even if he is talking cr*p
lloro.gif

could well be the solenoid on the gas valve gone

Sponsored Links
yep you'll probably get quoted for the full gas valve with the age of it......about 100 quids. Lovely boiler by the way, mines had one gas valve and 2 thermocouples in 30 years!!

My boiler is 2 minutes old and stopped working, :idea: I know I will call BG, hello said the nice BG man, my name is Ricky, oh my front door is stuck I said, I will have to take you up the back passage, oh yes you definately will said the nice man, tsk tsk he says when he sees the boiler, it's very old he says, but it's only been in 2 minute I says, ahhhhh yes but you cant get the spares he says, I will get you a new boiler, only £6500.00 all in with a free powerflush, I bent over to get my cheque book from the cupboard and then took him up the back passage again and gave him a cheque, what a nice man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back