pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i got a convec britony 11a hotwater boiler
the pilot light when out and now i cant even got even see the spark to relight it and even when i could the boiler still never fired up
can anyone give me any idea as to why it is doing this
also can anyone change a thermocoupling if it is this or do you need a plumber to do it

Sponsored Links
Worst case scenario on a britony is the water section has leaked into the gas section causing initialy a blockage secondary a dangerous situation.
If it not lighting then they are not the easiest to strip and will need a couple of special tools to clean pilot or change t/couple.
so best get someone who knows them out

thanks for the help think a plumber will need to look at it then
dont think the water has leaked into the gas but will need someone to look at that side got a price of £190 dont know if that a good price or will have to look for a better one any ideas of what it a good price to repair it

Far too dear ,even BG will only charge you £165 including parts

Sponsored Links
hi the price was from homeserve site we have got 2 boilers one for the hot water and one for the central heating and both have problems so need someone to look at both .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back