pipe clips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello folks,

What is the best way to secure pipes with foam lagging to the under side of joists? I think the lagging for both the 15 and 22 mm pipes have 9mm walls so wouldnt fit in pipe clips. Im fitting the pipes new and would prefer to keep the lagging continuous along the pipes without breaks for clips. Any ideas?

thanks

pippo

Sponsored Links
the people in my house used brass pipe holder with a stem on it. looks expensive...

possibly made from

19_2.JPG
02_2.JPG

It stands off the wall OK

I have seen iron ones in plant rooms

JohnD,

That does look a little expensive for my poor ass lol.

GasGuru,

From the picture on that link, the spacers look like they allow room for the insulation against the wall, but it looks like the actual clip size will only allow for the pipe on its own. Or have I got that wrong?

pippo

Sponsored Links
the other thing you can do is cut partly through the lagging each side of the clip so that it goes over the outside (fix the pipes first, then push on the lagging)

Or these about £5 for 10
p4756834_l.jpg

I think for cheapness I will use tallon clips n spacers and buy slit lagging and install after the pipes are fixed. With split lagging, do you have to join the slit after its on? and whats best for covering fittings? Some kind of wrap ?

pippo

Climaflex and similar are "partly" slit. If you can slide them onto the pipes during assembly, without opening the slit, this reduces the risk that they will gape open.

otherwise they mostly close up again. Have slits at right-angles to any bends. they make a tape you can use to hold any gapes shut.

at fittings, a good trick is to use the next size up of lagging (28mm is available, but not so popular). Or you can cut it into segments and tape up. Pack end-to-end joins tight as they may open up in time.

you can trim or mitre with a serrated knife.

Was in wickes the other day and they are selling preformed lagging elbows at about thirty bob for 2 its amazing what people will buy

Use normal screw in clips, and just pop a little block of wood behind it. Takes 5 mins to cut the wood, and is cheap as chips...

What about the plastic clips used for 40mm waste pipe?

jobloggs

Could be a plan. I suppose 22mm pipe with a 9mm thick insulation would be 40mm so it should work. Can those clips be simply screwed to the joists? wheres best to buy them?

pippo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back