pipe noise - question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody
I moved to a new Barratt house in August and since then I have been hearing an annoying tapping noise coming from the main drain pipe.
It is obviously hitting a joist somewhere...Barratt came 4 times, they opened small holes trying to locate and stop the noise, mostly shimming the pipe with cardboard :confused:
Now I call customer service and they say that said pipe should have been wrapped up all the way up to the roof with a kind of cloth to prevent any noise. This has not been done, and I was wondering if this is really common practise and how bad is it to rectify???
Thanks

Sponsored Links
it`s where the timber joists/flooringroofing batten is too tight to the pipe ........do they know nothing :rolleyes: If they had a braincell between them the could spray the contact area with some silicone ....like they use for drain/waste pipe jointing ..even that`s a bodge...but it works :oops:expansion of the plastic pipe.....wrapping it with anything won`t cure it :rolleyes:

not sure it's an expansion problem though, it's noisy with cold AND hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back