Pipe under stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may be an impossible task, but can anyone identify what the upright pipe under my stairs might be?

Trying to turn this into a useable space and would ideally like to remove the pipe.
Best wishes
Rob

Sponsored Links
Looks like an old gas main with a female iron blank. I think they can be cut off at a low level and filled in, was a similar thread on here recently, I’ll edit if I can find it.

Looks like an old gas main with a female iron blank. I think they can be cut off at a low level and filled in, was a similar thread on here recently, I’ll edit if I can find it.

That would make sense given its location.

What is the best way to be sure?

Can you trace it back, that or call a gasman who will check. Not a diy unless you are certain it is safe.

Sponsored Links
Excellent, thank you again.

I have a gas safe engineer coming out Tomorrow, I will get him to have a look.

Thank you again!

I'd get Cadent (or whoever your Gas Transporter is) out to check it. Even they've been known to get it wrong, but if they tell you it's dead it's their issue if it isn't.....

Yup, that's a supply pipe, would usually be before the meter. You need the transporter out to confirm it is dead, an RGI wouldn't be able to do anything with it if it's still live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back