Pipework Run

Looks like I'm gonna have to go with option 1 but could run pipes through studwork then exist out from side of wall rather than digging out floor and crossing over?

Only concern and it is a showstopper, is if that is artex and it's pre '92 then it could/probably will have asbestos in it. That's a major no no if you want to channel it.

If it isn't then just channel the wall and then run the pipework within than. Quite straightforward with an angle grinder and stone cutting blade and a nice sharp cold chisel, if it's brick .... it will be messy/dusty tho.

Sponsored Links
Burying it in the floor would be my last choice.
Hide it behind the skirtings.....

Only concern and it is a showstopper, is if that is artex and it's pre '92 then it could/probably will have asbestos in it. That's a major no no if you want to channel it.

If it isn't then just channel the wall and then run the pipework within than. Quite straightforward with an angle grinder and stone cutting blade and a nice sharp cold chisel, if it's brick .... it will be messy/dusty tho.

Yeah it is artex. I have had to chase out another wall the same for electrics unfortunately no way around it. Wore a respirator while doing it, but not really sure what you are supposed to do since it's everywhere and trades have to deal with it all the time.

Sponsored Links
j8vrMdm.jpg

This is how I'm running the pipework, is this correct? Don't find soldering a leak free joint a problem but layout I'm struggling with! So the T part of the equal on both pipes will go off to the towel rad by going through the stud to the right then exit through the plasterboard. Or is there a better way?

not really sure what you are supposed to do since it's everywhere and trades have to deal with it all the time

Erm afraid to say, if they have any sense at all they won't deal with it at any time, they'll step well back and let the pro's deal with it. It's can be seriously nasty stuff. Businesses are not allowed to deal with asbestos unless they are qualified to. DIY asbestos removal is a bit different but there are specific processes to be followed as to how it is worked, what PPE is used and how it is disposed.

There are quite stringent processes to follow when dealing with asbestos, you don't just wear a dust mask and throw the spoil into the bin. You could be putting yourself at some significant risk by doing so. At the end of the day it's your call of course.

Your left leg is fine, the right I'd just elbow right, through the stud and then tee up to the elbow and carry on out to right

Erm afraid to say, if they have any sense at all they won't deal with it at any time, they'll step well back and let the pro's deal with it. It's can be seriously nasty stuff. Businesses are not allowed to deal with asbestos unless they are qualified to. DIY asbestos removal is a bit different but there are specific processes to be followed as to how it is worked, what PPE is used and how it is disposed.

There are quite stringent processes to follow when dealing with asbestos, you don't just wear a dust mask and throw the spoil into the bin. You could be putting yourself at some significant risk by doing so. At the end of the day it's your call of course.

Your left leg is fine, the right I'd just elbow right, through the stud and then tee up to the elbow and carry on out to right

Thats good advice. I appreciate that Thankyou for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back