Moving a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to move a small radiator to an opposite wall. my system details are as follows:

Fully pumped heating system. Water cylinder in airing cupboard with a F&E tank in the loft. All pipework is 10mm microbore. Feed and return pipes come through the wall to the rad.

My thoughts were:-

Drain the system.

Cut a section of the plasterboard wall away to get access to the pipes in the stud wall. Cut the pipes in the wall space and extend with plastic tubing (pushfit or similar).

Remove part of the chipboard floor and part of the apposing wall and clip the plastic pipe to the joist (which run in the same direction as pipework needs to run). Clip the pipework to one of the vertical timbers in the opposite wall.

Before the new feed / return pipes come back through the wall I would like to replace the plastic with chrome pipework as I am replacing the rad with a towel radiator. Is it ok to join plastic to chrome?

Thanks for any pointers?

Sponsored Links
Is it ok to join plastic to chrome?
Yes, but you should use a brass compression fitting to do it, not a push-fit fitting.

Thanks for any pointers?
final3.JPG

Lift the floor first and see if the pipes you are going to use already pass by where you intend to take them or if the heating flow and return pass by there

Lift the floor first and see if the pipes you are going to use already pass by where you intend to take them or if the heating flow and return pass by there

Good idea. hopefully the pipes will pass that way on the way to the bedroom radiator. Thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

models ??????? it is the plumbing & heating not photo shoots. nice though.

models ??????? it is the plumbing & heating not photo shoots. nice though

Obviously before your time sonny.

If it helps you, imagine them as a 70s version of The Spice Girls, but with the ability to actually sing!

Not really my cup of Tetley though.

Softus acquired a liking for them in the 1970's, when he left school

...on retiring from his long career as headmaster

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back