pipework to new electric shower ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys...i want to put a new electric shower into my bathroom..it will be fixed over the bath...BUT there are no water pipes close to where i want to put shower....so here is the question...can i /should i be able to run a cold water pipe from the loft ( channelling it into the wall) down to where i wish to have shower fitted ?. in the loft is the main water tank,header tank etc with all the appropiate pipework fitted to run the hot water,cold water etc thru the house..so, if i could add & run a cold water pipe from the pipes in the loft to connect to an elecric shower...which water pipe would i need to connect to in the loft ?..i hope this makes some sense..much obliged for any advice or help/suggestions...cheers

ps.. i have an electrician mate to make the electrical connections..cheers again

Sponsored Links
Tee into cold water main going to cisterns in loft, the one going to the ballvalves. Fit isolating valve, insulate pipework and your good to go. :)

cheers matey ..for the very direct,straight forward reply ( i was dreading a very complicated reply :)..many many thanks once again :)

hi again..question now relating to mains pipe in loft to connect shower pipework to...there are 2 BIG tanks & a header tank in my loft..one big has a ballcock in it..the other does not..the one with the ballcock is i assume the one thats connected to the mains into the house..but it is only a 15mm pipe..would that be correct ? and that is the one i would connect shower pipework to...yes ? with the 2 big tanks and the header tank in the loft as you can guess there are numerous pipes going into & out of the various tanks...so obviously i need to be 100% sure i cut the right one,so any advice /help/suggestions would again be most appreciative

Sponsored Links
big tank has a float valve trace the pipe that connects to it that will be your cold main.
you may find the pipe is already tee'd for a supply to the small tank. fit your new T before that on the pipe and put in a "FULL BORE" isolator immediately after the tee on your new shower supply

Make sure you turn the water of at the meter outside or under your kitchen sink / point of entry to house BEFORE you start. turn on kitchen cold to verify.

just traced the pipes and the ballcock leads to the 15mm pipe which i know now ( with your advice) is the mains...everything else looks like you said..connection to header..with isolator valve etc etc...and i will make sure mains is turned off ( under kitchen sink :) & also fit isolator valve to new pipework for shower...once again..many many thanks

ok :) a FULL BORE isolator valve ...i thought all isolator valves were the same..i now know they are not & have learned a bit more...many thanks once again

an i right in saying worcesterman is bamber, cause i have bamber on ignore list, but he is the only one, so i was surprised to open this thread to be told i was ignoring this person

nope..i am not bamber ( whoever he is is )& having a name like bamber ( as in gascoine..university challenge ) obviously i am not that clever :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back