PIR COST

Sponsored Links
Surely a ballpark figure can be acceptable?

a ball park figure is how much?

Rule 9: Please don't ask costs / prices. Get several quotes, then you will know for sure

Thanks for the rule enforcement, a ballpark figure is all i'm after.

A ball park figure is of no use, that is why we have rule 9

Sponsored Links
between £0 and £500 probably.

Depends who you use, wether you use an NICEIC approved contractor, where you live, how long it takes, how many circuits you have, how quickly you need it, etc...

Some contractors will not charge for PIRs but be weary as some will 'find' work that may not need doing.

Some may knock the price of a PIR off any repair work that they win as a result of the PIR.

Don't nessacerily go for the cheapest price. It may not be the most thorough or reliable report.

Exactly

I find a PIR both useful and useless in equal measures.

If you are renting a property they are invaluable.

To refine my argument- if the wiring is obviously past it I will tell a customer not to bother- better putting the money towards a rewire.
What's the point of paying for a bit of paper to tell you a rewire is required?

I offer a different service to my customers- existing customers get a free or almost free visual wiring check, which will tell if further investigation or a rewire is required.

New customers get a free visual (not written) inspection, and a free verbal estimate for any work needed.

As a ballpark I charge around £150 for a basic PIR; this varies by the amount of time taken. It takes at least 2-4 hours for a decent pir on a up and downstairs house, excluding paperwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back