Pirate Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bamber gaspipe

I have recently tried to download the new version of WMP, unfortunately I have just been told by the Microsoft site that my current installation of Windows XP is a pirate..( I was unaware of this when I purchased this p.c.)
I have no WMP at all now only Real player, do I need to purchase a legit copy of Windows to restore WMP or is there another way. I realise I will probably be roasted for asking but I was unaware that this version was pirated.

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
I have recently tried to download the new version of WMP, unfortunately I have just been told by the Microsoft site that my current installation of Windows XP is a pirate..( I was unaware of this when I purchased this p.c.)
I have no WMP at all now only Real player, do I need to purchase a legit copy of Windows to restore WMP or is there another way. I realise I will probably be roasted for asking but I was unaware that this version was pirated.

You could try a system restore, but as you are now aware that you have an illegal copy of Windows, you should cough up.

Go back to the people you bought it off and demand they issue you a COA, and a proper version of windows.If they dont, tell them you will ring microsoft and report them.
If you bought it privately you might not have much chance though.

?bought for cash in a pub car park, after closing time?

Sponsored Links
O.K, Thanks, looks like I`ll have to purhase legit version.What a bummer :cry:

Bamber gaspipe

you can get a fix from the net for this problem but as its illegal I cannot poss give link here ...

Go on Moz. I won`t tell anyone ;) That`s o.k. mate, will just have to be a little more careful in the future. ( I wonder if the 150 blue movies I also purhased from him for 7 quid are also counterfeit) :oops: :D

The thing is with the workarounds, is you struggle with updates, better to buy it really.

Bamber
it isnt very hard to find the crack to "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation 1.5.530.0"

Moz said:
Bamber
it isnt very hard to find the crack to "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation 1.5.530.0"

Thanks for helping me out Moz, (again) ;) have found site but will only use for educational purposes. ;) :D

Thanks gcol, but that`s when my probs started, I went to upgrade my media player from that site, during download it informed me that my copy of windows was not genuine, I cancelled the download but it then wouldn`t let me access my original.
I have now retried to download WMP 10 & now for some strange reason it has now downloaded & installed!
Maybe Microsoft have removed the validation, I don`t know but a very big Thanks to all for assistance. ;) ;)

Bamber gaspipe said:
Thanks gcol, but that`s when my probs started, I went to upgrade my media player from that site, during download it informed me that my copy of windows was not genuine, I cancelled the download but it then wouldn`t let me access my original.
I have now retried to download WMP 10 & now for some strange reason it has now downloaded & installed!
Maybe Microsoft have removed the validation, I don`t know but a very big Thanks to all for assistance. ;) ;)

Have you tried installing service pack 2 yet?

Bamber gaspipe said:
There's no under estimating what a re-start can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back