Placement of a log boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I am trying to renovate a modern agricultural barn into a daycare nursery & would like to use a log boiler (or pellets or woodchip) to power underfloor heating.

I have a large open space 7.5m by 18m plus a smaller space 6.5 by 4m and then 9 smaller room kitchen/office/toilets

I need to place the boiler where it can be attended to by the staff but away from the children

Is there any safe way to do this internally or is the only option to have the door to the room the boiler is in to the outside (iyswim)

If I were to put it in the kitchen or staff room would it make that room too hot to use?

TIA
KMc

Sponsored Links
Suggest you contact these. You need to be very careful about woodchip and wood pellet boilers, there are few good ones about despite what the manufacturers' sales departments say. Initial capital outlay is high, though you may know about this already.

Do you keep horses?

The RN Riding School had a big boiler than burnt the bedding (shavings & muck)

JohnD said:
Do you keep horses?

The RN Riding School had a big boiler than burnt the bedding (shavings & muck)

If only the thoughtless toads who have a pile of urine soaked horse waste smouldering for most of the winter (and other times) would use one............

Sponsored Links
I know they are expensive - but there are some grants avail

I think the cost of installing then running an oil boiler would also be tremendously high....with LPG pretty expensive too. Heating by electric seems ridiculously expensive.....so we are left with wood I guess

That company looks very interesting - he systems seem so much more self contained than I have seem before

Thanks

(btw no horses...just nappies - can I do anything with them?)

They do log boilers too, but they need loading by hand so may not be suitable for your operation.

I imagine that is what I will end up with

(shame about the nappies ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back