Placing built-in cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a kitchen designed by a muppet on prozac, and would like to swap things round so the kitchen can be a proper one.
The built-in oven and hob are on an external wall, but the rest of the kitchen is on the other side of the room. If I move the oven it could only go along an internal party wall. Are there any regulations on this? Or is it just a bad idea? I imagine it wouldn't do the paintwork any good but that's a small price to pay for a decent kitchen.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
My only advice would be to consider the ventilation of cooking fumes. I know of a kitchen where the oven is on an internal wall and all the cooking smells circulate all over the house and linger for ages (not my kitchen I hasten to add). If on an external wall you might at least have windows to help vent.

Also consider the hob fumes too, although these are easier to deal with using a decent extractor hood.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys. I've not come across built in ovens and hobs on an internal wall and I was concerned that there would be a weird and wonderful regulation somewhere about this.

The paintwork comment was based on my thinking that a fan oven draws air in and also vents hot air out at the back, but I don't know much about their design :oops: . And there would be a cooker hood to extract to the outside via a short run of tubing, plus the appropriate cooker isolation switch (positioned correctly) and wiring etc.

Thanks again!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back