?Planing approval

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a doorway separating our kitchen from dining room. We intend to get this doorway enlarged by doubling the width, installing a new concrete lintel and therefore turning it into a kitchen diner. Do I need planning permission / building regs for this?

Sponsored Links
I am currently going through the PP loop for renovation & extension of our 60's property, I will find out at today’s committee meeting if I have been successful! My view is that you won't need PP but may need building control approval, especially if the wall is structural or supports other wall/floors above; check with your local planning dept. I have found them extremely helpful & would have been lost without their input on how to overcome local objections & get local planning dept. ‘approval recommended’ for what I am proposing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back