Planning Advisory Services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a call this morning from someone claiming to be from Planning Advisory Services. His offer was advertising to all local planning applications for a very low fee and could they send someone round for a presentation. Said I wasn't interested and goodbye, seemed a bit far fetched. An email arrived later from the same bloke offering the same stuff and visit.
I have had a little look tonight on the internet and have found very little. They have a website which is the same sales pitch online. I can't say for sure it is a scam but I'm going by the old "If it's too good to be true it probably isn't true". They seem to be latching on to the actual government Planning Advisory Service, pas.gov.uk.
Has anyone else had one of these calls?

Sponsored Links
Don't go there. It's not worth the money you spend on their "advertising" - and every council seems to have "lurkers" in this regard

I got this call this afternoon, quite pushy. I told them to call back.
Having thought about it, this information is freeley available at the planning office and on the council website.
Waste of money I think!

DampAway, the thread is a little old! But, for what it is worth, the deal is normally an ad in on or in the glossy folder that they wrap the forms in. The council get free folders, the publishers get a nice wedge, and the advertisers (us) get little but a bill.

I've done it in the past, and with Estate agents - total waste of cash.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what the folders are but we advertised in a planning booklet last year. We're just coming to an end and we're going to renew as we've had a lot of work from it. I think it's relatively cheap so they can cover the costs of production. The person applying for planning gets a useful booklet, we get our name out there and the customer gets a great bathroom from us, win, win & win! The company did contact us but didn't find them pushy. I don't do much advertising after what Yellow Pages put me through! I guess you can't have a successful business without taking some chance with marketing!

I have also been approached by Planning Avisory Services, they claim that they do work for many local councils and that the booklet that they produce gets sent out by the council with the planning application forms, I checked this with my local council who said that they have never heard of them. They are not a Limited company registered at companies house, nor do they show an address on their website or their email correspondence. They target companies who supply products and materials that are likely to be required for the end users building project. You are asked to pay quite hefty sums to advertise in their booklet. It is possible that they get their information on planning applications made, from the councils website and send them a booklet. This type of dodgy marketing operation often have a sales team in your area and always seen able come the next morning early. They often ask for "A simple yes or no as there are only limted spaces left" Very similar to the pleasent chaps who offer to get you a rate reduction and a hefty rebate.
Only scammers would omit their base address. Being ever so slightly cinical, I would suggest that "taylormadebr" above is connected with PAS! Their booklet only contains 0800 numbers and web addresses. Furthermore you would expect to see a few small local companies advertising in it, not the case, all large well known companies SKY, Topps Tiles,ect
It would not surprise me if Planning Advisory Services were to be an off shoot of "Rates Rebate Services"

Do not sign up to planning advisory services. I have been scammed £396 in total. It is not linked to local government. All the info they send you in free to anybody who logs in to their local council website. Now the PAS website is still up and running but the telephone number has been cut off and the emails are not responded to. I feel like a right mug for signing up in March 2018 and having made 3 payments to them

Back