Planning and PD combined

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

So I’ve put in for a planning application to convert a front porch to a double height (removes an awful dormer), change attached garage from flat roof to pitched to match the rest of the house, and a rear double storey.

As we’re in Greenbelt council will only allow 30 percent increase compared to the original house, and these plans are more than that therefore it will get refused.

Could I scale back the application, do say the front porch and garage under planning, and then do PD for the rear? I’d have to do the planning first without PD as that keeps it under the 30 percent increase, but assuming I got planning could I actually build it all together?

Will the council see this as an obvious next step and seek to revoke permitted development preventing the rear?

Any advice or help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Why have you put in plans that will be refused? Not only a waste of time and money, but will put planners on notice of any development and impacts the planning history.

PD counts against the 30% allowance.

Sorry should have been clearer - the architect submitted the plans, and didn’t clock the Greenbelt aspect at the time - it’s heavily built up area, think they classify it as adopted Greenbelt but still the same restrictions.

We will will pull the application or see if theyd let us amend it in time, but wouldn’t let it get to rejection stage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back