Plant pots in the Shed for the Winter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

My Fuschia and a few other things are in the shed for the winter. Do I water them please?

Sponsored Links
(BTW, there are now some very impressive hardy fuscias that can be kept outside over winter. In the past, hardy fiscias had smaller flowers than tender ones but the new varieties have good flowers and keep flowering for ages.)

Sponsored Links
Thank for your reply endecotp, I also have Penstamon, Hostas and a few other things I do not know, (I am not much of a gardener).

The windows do not open but the shed is ventilated all over due to it being a cheap one.

So do you think I should water?

Best
Alan

Leave the hostas outside; no need to water as they will be completely dormant.

I'm fairly sure the penstemons are also hardy perenials so can also left outside.

Have your plants been in pots all Summer, if so the hostas will be ok but penstemons are not reliably hardy even in the ground let alone in pots so I would take them in.
litl

Thank you, perhaps my question was too broad. Of course different plants are different, it makes it all such a joy.

Have a lovely Xmas everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back