Plasma/LCD TV on chimney breast?? No fireplace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im new here and have found this place to be really good for advice and im hoping you can help me with my current dilemma....

Right basically, if you click on the link below you can see my living room as it stands now...

341359_139_full.jpg

Questions are:

1) Should I have a fireplace installed? Im looking at something like this:

1450-1.jpg

Problem is the water pipes which run at the bottom of the fireplace opening as you can see in the pic. They cant be moved but could be altered to be recessed into the wall but at a big cost...

2) If i dont fit a fireplace and surround etc, im thinking of fitting a PLASMA/LCD TV on the chimney breast and then to have my DVD player, sky box etc etc in the hole where the fireplace would be. This solution is easy to do since the builders can box in the water pipes which would flow into the bottom of the fireplace opening which would look fine

3) Any other suggestions welcomed

Does anyone have any pictures of this idea of plasms on a chimney breast and sky box etc in the fireplace opening?

Thanks and hope you can help.

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Build a raised plinth higher than the pipes.

Putting a plasma TV over a working fire may in-validate the manufacturer's warrentee on the TV.

Has the chimney stack been fitted with a ventilation grill ? Sealing the chimney at the base can lead to build up of damp in the chimney.

bernardgreen said:
Build a raised plinth higher than the pipes.

Putting a plasma TV over a working fire may in-validate the manufacturer's warrentee on the TV.

Has the chimney stack been fitted with a ventilation grill ? Sealing the chimney at the base can lead to build up of damp in the chimney.

Thanks for that. As for sealing/ventilation grill - i dont know, leaving that bit to the builders. Is a ventilation grill a common solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back