plaster advice???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

i wonder if you can help somebody who knows nothing about the above!!

im redecorating my living room and decided to run speaker cables into the walls for my tv surround etc.

ive chiseled out some channels but im unsure what exactly to use to fill in the holes. there was a layer of plaster (redish in colour in some par5s and a very hard grey in others. you can see the brickwork where i have made the channels if this is of any use to you! the deptch of the channels goes up to 30mm. basically i just want to fill in with something solid, and leave it looking fairly flat. i will be papering over and painting the paper so a perfect finish isnt required..

i need something really easy to put in there as i dont have an awful lot of time/space for mixing stuff etc

can somebody advise me on the best way to go about this? is/are there ready made products that will dothe job?

many many thanks in advance

sy

ps have a nice weekend :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If you've got a Wickes near you, get a 10kg bag of one coat patching plaster. Instructions are on bag but it's easy to use and can fill up to 50mm depth in one coat. It's a powder so you have to mix it but a bucket is ok for the amount you need. Places like B&Q may stock something similar but I've not used them.

their quick set joint filler for plasterboard is good stuff as well. gives a very smooth fine surface that is very easy to sand

Sponsored Links
Or just get a bit of British Gypsum Hardwall or Renovation plaster wack it all in in one go and you can sand that aswell quite easily not as easy as the stuff that thermo mentioned but it will be stronger plus you wont get any shrinkage either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back