PLASTER ONTO BREEZE BLOCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Customer wants me to plaster straight onto breeze block as the room is very narrow and he doesnt want to reduce it by rendering or plasterboard. I have plastered on render no problem is it the same principle.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Brist,
Yes,if it was me I would give the walls a damp down, coat it out with Browning, followed by multi-finish.Or would that combination be too thick. say,3/8"ish? Alternativly,if the breeze blocks are tidily built,what about trying 2 or 3 coats of multi on it's own.Never tried that on a whole breeze wall before,,but I think once you had a good first coat on,and steadied up a bit,another good coat on top of that,maybe 2 and trowelled up, 1/4"thick or less overall,i'm sure it would work no problem.Years ago when plastering window reveals (no beadings) just pieces of wood nailed around the window,we would plaster straight onto the breeze blocks with board finish,with no problems at all.That is why I'm sure it would work with multi-finish on your job.

Regards:Roughcaster.

Cover yourself by telling the customer that you cannot guarantee perfection, but you think it will be OK.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back