Plaster pulled off wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. We moved recently and the previous owners decided to glue a desk good and proper to the wall. With little persuasion it has pulled off massive chunks of plaster. The attached photo is the worst bit. Do you think I can repair this with filler or is something more drastic needed?

Who glues a desk to the wall anyway.

Thank in advance for any comments or tips.

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
I would have used an oscillating cutter to cut along the joint between desk and wall.

If the depth is more than 2 or 3mm, I would use bonding plaster then put some finish on top.

Thanks. Yea in hindsight I should have used something to get between wall and the desk but could not imagine they would have stuck the desk frame to the wall as well as screwing it into the wall and skirting boards! What a disaster. Sounds like a simple plaster job then.

Sponsored Links
As per @foxhole 's post, the area below is blown. Gingerly remove the blown plaster- I would recommend using a blunt chisel to hack away the plaster, from the front rather than levering it off.

Then brush in some PVA to lock the plaster- after, use a filler of your choice. Toupret TX110 would be ideal. It is a "rapid" setting filler. It look like you only need to fill by up to 6mm.

You need to remove the raised lip of plaster. If not when you sand the plaster, you will end up with a ridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back