plaster skim came off with wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is quite old so about 8 years ago we removed the picture rail in the family room leaving one wall (i had plasterboarded the others)stepped in from where the rail was up to the ceiling. We brought in a plasterer who remedied the step condition and continued with a light skim all over the wall so that there would be no obvious seam under the soon to be applied wallpaper. He did do a good job, however, now that we are re-decorating and have stripped the paper from that particular wall some of the light plaster skim has come off with the wallpaper leaving large patches of missing plaster. As i said earlier,i intend to re-wallpaper the room Is there any proprietary type repair material that a reasonably capable DIY person could apply without having to call in a plasterer again.

Sponsored Links
Gyproc easi-fil or Larfarge easy sand....should set you back about atener for a 10kg bg.

Good stuff

many thanks for your reply advising me of the Gyproc easi-fill and the Lafarge easysand. I was hoping to get either of the products and let you know how i got on with it , however, i can't seem to find either of them. I've tried B&Q and a couple of smaller builder's merchants but no luck. Can you suggest anywhere?

Did you look among the plaster and stuff in b an q?....thats where its normlly kept.

PLaces like sharp and fisher will have it....or you could try your local dulux or crown trade centres

Sponsored Links
Did you look among the plaster and stuff in b an q?....thats where its normlly kept.

PLaces like sharp and fisher will have it....or you could try your local dulux or crown trade centres

Went back to B&Q and on second visit found the Gyproc-Easi-fill. Great stuff; the wall is now restored and i now know what i'll look like when my hair goes white due to the amount of dust i created when sanding. Anyway, like you said it's good stuff and i'm well pleased. Again , many thanks for your advice. Slash! Slash! Slash! .....Zorro!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back