wallpaper on-and-off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm redecorating a room but I've had a bit of a management disaster and hung wallpaper before deciding to get the ceiling skimmed.

I whanged up some wallboard onto the ceiling, and the plasterer is going to skim & make good. However, one of the edges of the ceiling is a lie-in (it's an attic room), and he's going to feather in the ceiling to the slope with a fillet. For this he advised me to remove the freshly hung blown vinyl from the top of the lie-in so that he wouldn't be plastering onto wallpaper.

The wallpaper adhesive had clearly not cured fully because I was able to peel the paper off easily enough. Will I be able to bodge the wallpaper back onto the wall after he's finished the ceiling in a few days? I thought I might mix up a bit of tough paste with a splosh of PVA to give it some extra grab. Or will I have to clean the walls again and use fresh falls of paper?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back