Plasterboard on wrong way round?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My m8 (!) plasterboarded my new room last week, and he has put the board on apparently the wrong way round. The board says 'fit other way' or something (the brown paper side is showing). Does this matter? Some people have said it's not an issue, and it used to be that way, others have said a plasterer may not guarantee the work.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Not heard of brown side?

Normally white side for artex or wallpaper lining and grey side for finish plaster.I have seen this many times when it's the wrong way round and they end up puting Unibond on it instead !!

well is kinda brown :eek:

maybe I'll have to chuck some unibond on it before the plasterer comes?

Spoken to a plaster mate of mine and now tell me white facing plasterboard outward which can take all material (artex/plaster) as it now a difference backing material.Also written on plasterboard for which way round so he tell me!

Sponsored Links
yeah that's the problem. This paper stuff might get in the way, don't want to have to rip it all off, would be a nightmare. Can the side I've got still be plastered? I could paint that stuff on that was mentioned to help absorbency?

cheers

To be honest I wasn't aware that they have change the plasterboard material and I have always known it with white or grey side.I think this is a question for a plasterer.

The confusing thing is that when you say grey - it's not actually grey is it? It's more of a brown colour. The othe side is moe grey in reality than the side you think of as grey! A saying perpertuated by the building trade to confuse me thinks :D

Yeah I guess it's more a brown colour. Must be all the dust in there confusing me :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back