Plasterboarding a new wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post so forgive me if I'm not following etiquet...

I'm having a new bedroom added to the side of my house, I'm a fairly good DIY'er, can do most things; however, I'm about to take on a new job that I've never done before.

I'm going to do the internal work of the new extension myself, plasterboarding the ceiling and walls. I've re-searched the ceiling bit, and will be using 12.5mm boards, screwed to the joists every 150 to 200mm.

Question is, can I use dot and dab for the walls, bearing in mind that they are 3 external walls of the extension. The walls have 100mm insulated cavaties. I'm worried about getting cold spots on the wall when it's finished.

Any advice would be well received.

Thanks in advance!

Andy.

Sponsored Links
If you dot and dab the internal block-work you should apply a watered down PVA to the surface and use some long galvanized nails here and there into the block-work.
Instead of using the plasterboard adhesive which is heavy and needs to be knocked up, I now use Insta Stick which is an expanding foam designed for this job.
It goes off in 5 minuets and saves a lot of work......read the instructions...requires a little practice.
This stuff is great for lots of other jobs too.
Better to use tapered edge boards also :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back