PLASTERING A SEMI PAINTED BRICK WALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks.

I've finally pulled off the nasty pine cladding that was covering the kitchen (ceiling aswell) and it now needs some making good.

I've read the previous posts about plastering on painted walls etc, but they don't really cover this scenario.

I've got some questions that i hope someone can help with (please!)

1) I've now got a brick wall 3m by 2m thats painted in places - i guess where old units used to be - and bare brick in elseware. Will i need to use different plaster for different areas - if so, which.

2) I will treat with two coats of PVA to control suction, but what about the key - particularly on the painted bits. There is a serious coat of old paint on there!

3) There is the Gas copper feed pipe to the combi running along 5" above ground level. How would you plaster that (around, up to, over etc)

And finally, the whole wall isn't that level, undulates and generally leans back a little (according to the level)

4) Would the pro's build up the wall to make it totally upright - or just make it flat to itself. The old kitchen units used to be on it and the tins didn't roll to the back so it's not that bad. But it is a load baring wall which is a bit worrying.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers

Al

Sponsored Links
There will be kitchen units going on the wall.

Still the boards??

Although i nice easy route would be good.

Cheers JB

Al

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that.

Sounds like an easier route to me.

Al

p.s I just want to say what a great site this is. I always want to have a go myself and there is endless valuable information on here. Thanks to the generous people on it.

Nice one. ;)

make sure you put a complete length of dabs around the gas pipe (solid dabs). if you were to damage the pipe the gas will not travel around the back of the board, i know you know where it is but who ever buys your house in the future wont , if its not gonna be seen leave it exposed and dab above it, ;)

make sure you put a complete length of dabs around the gas pipe (solid dabs). if you were to damage the pipe the gas will not travel around the back of the board, i know you know where it is but who ever buys your house in the future wont , if its not gonna be seen leave it exposed and dab above it, ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back