Plastering job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would be the average cost to skim an average 1930s three bedroom house including ceilings? This would include whole house but not the kitchen. Had a quote yesterday and not sure if its average or too high?

Just a rough ball park figure would help as each job is obviously different, just wondering if his quote is close.

Sponsored Links
Cheers thats pretty much around what I was quoted! He mentioned not just skimming them, but bonding them first also for better coverage. I dont know if this is normal practice?

again its hard to tell mate without seeing it, its not unheard of, one of the most respected plasterers on this forum does this even on new board work.
its all down to the plasterers preference.
;)
let us know how it goes

Sponsored Links
Oh I see. Cheers will do. ps are you allowed to tell me the name of that plasterer on here?

i can and if i get a punch ill find ya later haha ;) :LOL: its roughcaster, as i said he is one of the most respected plasterers on this forum so it isnt wrong what your plasterer is saying and it will help give you a nice solid finish and build out walls that are not runing flat and true.

Thanks for your nice comment JR, much appreciated. ;)
Chillout,, as JR said, each plasterer has his own preference. The plasterer you are dealing with, does it the very same way onto plasterboard, as i have done for years,, bonding coat first, then multi finish. It's quite a common practice really. You get a far better finish onto plasterboard walls and ceilings using undercoat plaster first, then finishing plaster. I do it this way, whether it's onto new plasterboard or onto older painted surfaces,,, after prepping first. There's more work involved doing it this way, but if you have a quote similar to what JR said, then it sounds like you've got a good enough deal.

There's more work involved doing it this wayl.
yes i agree with jr that you are the man rc, but just interested to know if you add more money to your quote for the extra work involved, lets take for example a small room that ive quoted lets say for arguments sake i quoted £150, could you come in at the same price having to give it a coat of bonding first?

I would think it would be more, there is more materials, practically twice the work so it should be more. That aside, you get what you pay for and this is a deluxe approach to finishing plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back