Plastering On-Site?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a plasterer with some years experience, I have cscs and nvq2, now despite having this qualification i have never worked as a plasterer in building site conditions as the evidence i gathered was from visits from the assesor to domestic jobs, which is all my experience in plastering.

I have worked for years as a general labourer on site, just never plastering on site, I work with every different background imaginable, also ex rendering, boarding d&d....... I can skim about 30 to 40 sqm a day given the right conditions, now i just moved back from england to scotland and its proving a bad time to start up so im thinking about doing some site work where i can get it

So my question is............. What would be expected from me on a typical day on site?

now im talking about,
-what of my tools will i need? mixer etc....
-what materials will be on site,? beads, tape......
-what finish will i work with? multi or board
-what do those boys get away with when pushing out big meterage? caue ive seen some shady jobs in kit houses 3mm or 2m or more?
-do i get given a labourer or work myself?

so what should i expect there would be nothing worse than asking a site manager total newbie questions

thanks

Sponsored Links
you will need your own buckets,board and stand,floor scrapper, hop up (proper one) 110 leads and tools, hard hat, boots, viz, glasses, gloves. A decent 110 wisk (refina 1700 is the usual) but not necesary. Forget your radio there not usually allowed.
All the beads, tape and finish (usually multie or board) will be on site but always stock up on tape, some jobs will load up some wont.
Ive seen some shabby work on site it all depends on the firm,rush and prices.
you wont be given a labourer but usually more chance of getting a start if theres two of you so might be worth gettin one and believe me if your not used to site work a labourer is a god send.

quality...... thanks for the reply, as and when i go on site i shouldnt have any problems!
well that will be for the site man to decide :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back