plastering over bare brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
render has come of the wall to bare brickwork,these are the old solid bricks like engineers bricks,my plan of attack is to dampen wall down remove dust,give a coat of bonding then multi finish on top,how long do i wait till i multi on top of the bonding coat,its come off on two sides of the wall,in the corner,around 3 feet per side,does this plan sound good,did a search but was not sure of what i read,saw nothing about these kind of bricks,thanks

Sponsored Links
jbonding said:
are they engineering bricks or common brick?

im guessing they r common brick,they are the kind u get in old houses,real hard bricks smooth faced,not soft like these new build houses,pain in the butt to drill in,hope this helps,i dont know if houses are made using engineers bricks,thought they r normally used near dampcourse,they are in the bedroom.

engineering bricks are used near dampcourse because they are low suction so bonding would be sound, if there commons which they probably are because you have to soak them, hardwall or tough coat is ideal then skim or sand and cement with a waterproofer in certain conditions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back