plastering over emulsion ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there

i have just skimmed over artex on bedroom ceiling, but what has happened is there are bubbles appearing, then when these bubbles are popped the artex peels off completley leaving the bare ceiling.

i gave it a good coat a pva prior to skimming, i think the emulsion on the atrex was silk emulsion if that could be the problem ?

any help much appreciated.

shaun

Sponsored Links
I had this problem once and on further investigation it turned out to be distemper.

The whole ceiling i'd just finished trowelling bubbled and i ended up peeling the whole lot off and had to replaster that afternoon.

All okay now but not a very efficient way of stripping a ceiling!!

I was thinking along those lines too ...........artex over distemper back in the past :evil: nightmare because you may have lath+plaster followed by distemper followed by artex followed by pva and more plaster :eek: I`d follow that lot with new plasterboard and long screws to hold it to the joists

its plaster board for the rest of the ceilings, will the ceiling i've just done stay on now its dry ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back